SAVE THE DATE
5 and 6 February 2015
The University of Pretoria in conjunction with SAAA, SASHLA and SHAA will be hosting a 2 Day Seminar on Audiology and hearing aid advances at Pretoria University on the 5th
and 6th of February 2015.
The guest speaker will be Dr Dave Fabry
Dr Dave Fabry holds a Ph.D. in audiology from the University of Minnesota. His professional experience includes positions as a Research Audiologist at Walter Reed Army Medical Center, Chief of Audiology at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester and Chief of Audiology at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine. Dr Fabry is a prolific writer, having served as an Associate Editor for Ear and Hearing, Editor of American Journal of Audiology, Associate Editor for Audiology Online and Editor of Audiology Today. He has published more than 50 articles in peer-reviewed journals. Dr Fabry has presented widely in the U.S. and internationally and has served as a
board member and president of the American Academy of Audiology, from which he received the Distinguished Service Award in 2009.
Topics will include:
CPD POINTS WILL BE AWARDED
- What pathologies to look for with various audiograms.
- How to work out what level of technology to fit by using various tests ie. The Hint and other tests.
- Ethics of fitting a certain level of technology vs profit.
- Acclimatizing to wearing hearing aids and aural rehabilitation using computer based applications.
- Initial best-fit protocols vs what sounds the patient needs ie. Do you do initial best-fit to what sounds good or to actual frequencies needed?
- The use of remote microphones as assistive devices.
- The effects of hearing aids on listening effort and mental fatigue.
- Future trends in hearing aid technology and audiology.
Details of registration, event times, venue and a complete list of topics will follow in the new year. Please save the date and join us for what is going to be an amazing event.
Greetings from Otolaryngology-2015!!
We cordially invite “South African Speech-Language-Hearing Association” to partner with us for our upcoming 2nd International Conference and Exhibition on Rhinology and Otology
to be held during March 18-20, 2015 at Dubai, UAE and participate at this event. The conference will be organized around the theme “Implications and Current Concepts in the field of Rhinology & Otology". The program is a rich mix of formats ranging from keynote sessions featuring many well-known and thought provoking speakers to intense and highly interactive discussion sessions. In order to make conference successful, participation from great organization like yours is very much required. If you are interested, you can conduct your association meeting at this event also.
For more information on the conference we request you to go through the following home page link:Visit Website
OMICS International Organizes 300+ Conferences Every Year across USA, Europe, Asia & Australia with support from 1000 more scientific societies and Publishes 400+ Open access journals which contains over 30000 eminent personalities, reputed scientists as editorial board members. Kindly visit our Organization website to know more information : Visit Website
Also we are associated with some of the world best societies and associations that collaborates with OMICS International every year to support our conferences which is beneficial to
both our organization and as well the associated society or association. To find more about the number of associations collaboration please go through the following
links: Visit website
Benefit for Association:
Benefit for Speakers:
- Logo and Link of your association website in the Conference website.
- Recognition listing in the final conference program/proceedings.
- Verbal recognition at the Inaugural Ceremony.
- Opportunity to take over and organize interested scientific track(s)/session(s) if any.
- Discounts on registration fee to your members.
- Every speaker or attendees for the conference will be provided with DOI(Digital Object Identifier) certificate with a specific number for that particular speaker and his abstract which will be a unique number worldwide.
- We would also like to inform you that each and every speaker abstract will be published in the relevant OMICS Group Journal with this unique DOI number particularly for all the speakers.
- We will be creating a special webpage for every speaker which includes your presentation abstract, research interest, biography and we will include your presentation in the form of PowerPoint in that webpage.
- We will also include PPT of your expertise: PPT’s on your research expertise online in our webpage. This webpage would certainly increase your visibility in the scientific community and helps you increase your collaborations with Academia and Industries.
- We can arrange B2B meeting with any of the sponsor company or delegates during the conference.
- For the Resident Doctors and Speaker we have poster presentation competition for Young Research Forum. For more details please go through the following link: Visit website
Please find the attached conference brochure
for the reference and with due respect we request you to kindly go through the following links and reconsider your decision.
We count on your close and constructive participation. Thank you very much!!
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any queries.
Awaiting your swift and favorable response
5716 Corsa Ave., Suite110
Westlake, Los Angeles
CA 91362-7354, USA
Office: +1- 650-268-9744
Toll Free: +1-800-216-6499 (USA & Canada)
SASLHA cannot guarantee the credentials of anyone offering CPD events that have not been accredited by SASLHA
Healthcare practitioners have a responsibility to
continually update their professional knowledge and
skills for the end benefit of the patient or client. To
this end the HPCSA has implemented a Continuing
Professional Development (CPD)programme.
practitioner is required to accumulate 30 Continuing
Education Units (CEUs) per twelve-month period and five
of the units must be on ethics, human rights and medical
Each CEU will be valid for 24 months from
the date on which the activity took place (or ended, in
the event of post-graduate studies) after which it would
lapse. This means that practitioners should aim to
accumulate a balance of 60 CEUs by the end of their
second year of practise, and thereafter top-up the
balance through additional CPD activities.
Mandatory random audits are conducted to ensure
compliancy. Once a practitioner’s name has been
selected, they are required to submit a CPD portfolio to
Council within 21 days.
practitioners will be given six months in order to
comply. After the period of 6 months a practitioner will
again be audited and if there is still non-compliance,
the Professional Board will consider
required to submit their CPD portfolios ONLY when their
names are drawn from a random sample audit and when
requested to submit their completed form CPD 1 IAR with
accompanying proof of CPD activities undertaken.
If you require assistance contact the CPD office at E2 –
by phone during office hours on 011 340 9100 or e-mail